I turned 30 yesterday. I was kinda sorta dreading it, but not really. If that makes any sense. I knew nothing was going to change, but I was mourning the loss of “being young”. I kept feeling like I hadn’t accomplished anything big.
Then I was blessed to read a friend’s blog post from when she turned 30. She took the opportunity to come up with 20 things she did that were great in order to celebrate her 20’s. And I thought that would be a perfect way to handle this feeling that I’m dealing with.
So here I go: 20 things I did in my 20’s!
1. I got married to my best friend one month after I turned 20:
2. I went to Disney Land:
3. I lived in all four continental time zones in the first year of being married.
4. I had my first daughter in 2007:
5. We bought our first condo in 2008:
9. I took a River Boat Cruise down the Ugam River:
10. I explored an underwater Aquarium:
13. I held the Space Needle in my hands (and then ate an amazing dinner at the top):
14: I had my first son in 2012:
15: We bought our first van!
16: I learned I can endure hard things:
I have accomplished much in my last 10 years. I’d venture to say I’ve been pretty good at being in my 20’s! Now I wonder what sort of adventures the next 10 years will bring!